Monday, April 20, 2009

Great news today - including a court date!

We had a fun weekend - Don and I have been considering trying a little RV trip (which we've never done before), and so we visited an RV rental facility, then chose a nearby campground resort. They have indoor and outdoor pools, mini-golf, horseback riding, and lots of other activities for the kids. No motorized vehicles, nothing loud, just lots of woods, water, and peace and quiet. Don will take the girls fishing, we'll roast marshmallows on our new "marshmallow tree" (also good for Legos, apparently...see picture to right), and have lots of fun. I will enjoy being close to nature, though I will enjoy it from the comfort of an air-conditioned little living room on wheels while I work on a cross stitch project I'm making for my mom-in-law. After finding the best values we could (and I think we found some great ones), we reserved everything for a couple of nights this weekend. Yay! :)

Just when I thought the day was looking pretty good, it got better. Much better. First, I received an e-mail from our adoption agency informing me that our soon-to-be-daughter's court date is THIS Thursday! Wow - it's finally happening!

Then, best of all...I received another e-mail from the agency - their in-country coordinator had sent a message about how happy the little girl is to be joining our family, along with a picture of her smiling sweetly as she looked through the family photo album we sent her (which is in our slideshow below.) This is the first picture we've seen of her since her original photolisting - and it was SO heartwarming to see that smile on her face and to see the little album we made for her right in her very hands! It really did bring tears to my eyes...and I am NOT a tearful sort of person, typically. Lydia and Elena were so excited - they were jumping up and down, grinning from ear to ear, saying, "She got the book! She got the book!" Gosh, we can hardly wait to put our arms around her.

I so wish I could show you the photo now...but hopefully soon I can. If I understand correctly, once the court process has taken place, I will be permitted to post photos of our little girl. I'll show you as soon as I can.

Hugs,
Jeanie

1 comment:

Tamara B said...

Jeanie, I just linked to your blog via the ghana yahoo group. i loved reading your recent few posts. I love that your precious daughter has her court date on Thursday!

Now for the questions, if you don't mind answering... 1. where are you from? who are you adopting through? what made you decide to adopt after having bio children? how did you choose ghana?

we're in the early stages of adoption and currently have plans to adopt from ghana although I'm scared of some of the unresolved orphan status issues that i keep hearing about. I would love to read and know more about your journey to adopt.

tamara b
tam4buit at hotmail dot com